So…I’m late to welcoming y’all into Virgo Season.
Around my birthday week, I got incredibly busy. And then I got sick. So I’ve been a bit MIA lately. My bad.
Today we are going to talk about using your natal chart to effectively utilize the energy of Virgo season to get some shit done.
Ready? Let’s go!
Draw That Chart!
First step is to make sure you’ve done a natal chart for yourself. You need to know which of your houses Virgo is in. I love astro.com for this purpose, as it’s free and easy. To find out how to use astro.com to draw yourself a natal chart, check out my post on Chiron (but skip the special Chrion bit).
Once you’ve drawn your chart, look for the symbol (know as a ‘glyph’) that I’ve highlighted inside the yellow box:
That is the glyph of Virgo.
As you can see, your chart is split into twelve wedges. Look at the narrow side of the wedge that takes up most of the Virgo segment, like below:
As you can see, Virgo is in my fourth house.
Now that you know which of your houses Virgo is in, let’s talk about the energies of Virgo season!
From my grimoire:
This month is one of service, organization, and self-empowerment. This would be a good time to work magic to help you analyze and solve a problem that has been eating at you for a long time. This is also a goo time to focus your magical work on global problems and solutions. Virgo energy will also aid you with issues concerning mental energy, health, employment, responsibility and details.*
Now that we know what kind of vibes are in the air during this time, we can start to work with it! Let’s talk about using your natal chart to best utilize this Virgo energy.
Virgo in the Houses
I’ve always been a big believer in working with (not against) the energies surrounding you. Moon phases, Witch’s Sabbats, or the 12 Signs of the Zodiac–all of these times bring energies with them that can help us facilitate our own growth and boost our magical workings.
Looking at our natal chart whenever the Sun moves into another sign is a great way to figure out how best to move with the ever changing flow of energy that surrounds us as spiritual beings.
The following ideas are meant to help you figure out what to do during this season, based on your natal Virgo.
I: Identity & Expression:
- Start a new skin care routine
- Cultivate a new wardrobe
- Get a mani/pedi
- Eyebrow grooming
- Crafting a new workout routine based primarily on sculpting your body (and not necessarily one based on health)
II: Possessions & Money
- Adding to a collection
- Organizing a collection
- Culling a collection
- Focusing on finance (and your feelings about money)
- Making a savings plan
- Starting a 401K
- Making shopping lists as part of your routine
- Saving emails to review before sending them
- Journaling to figure out your feelings before having a difficult conversation
- Having a difficult conversation!
- Learning a new language
- Speech therapy
IV: Family & Home
- Cleaning and organizing your home
- Working from home
- Home workouts
- Focusing on the needs of your pets and/or children
- Crafts/crafting home decor
V: Creativity & Children
- Embroidery and other detail-oriented arts
- Sports (or exercising primarily for fun)
- Playing with kids
- Making healthy foods fun and tasty (trying new, healthy recipes)
- Focusing on sexual health
- Scheduling fun, romance, and self care
- Making routines for your kids
VI: Service & Health
- Starting a new diet
- Researching a new diet
- Starting a new workout routine for health (IE: not to be slimmer, but just to be healthy–there is a difference)
- Meal planning
- Making grocery lists
- Starting a new, detailed hygiene routine
- Making cleaning a part of your daily routine
VII: Relationships & Marriage
- Analyzing your ideas of romance and love
- Working on your love relationships
- Listing what you want in a romantic partner
- Starting couples counseling.
VIII: Death & Transformation
- Examining feelings about sex
- Researching sex and sexuality
- Exploring kinks and fetishes
- Examining feelings about death
- Researching and making a death plan (this video is GREAT for this Virgo placement)
- Researching your dietary needs
IX: Travel & Philosophy
- Researching philosophy and religion
- Planning travel
- Go on a road trip
- Journalism and/or blogging
- Vocational school or training
- Donating to good causes
- Community outreach
X: Career & Reputation
- Working on bettering your reputation
- Being more ambitious at work
- Asking for a raise or promotion
- Gaining acclaim at work
- Going to school to better your work/career situation
- Learning to become adaptable to gain success
XI: Friends & Dreams
- Spending more time with friends
- Making new friends
- Joining or becoming more active in a community
- Plan a party
- Organize an event
- Start a dream journal
- Learn lucid dreaming
- Join a support group
XII: Secrets & Hidden Things
- Starting a new bedtime routine
- Studying spirituality
- Studying the occult
- Shadow work
- Learning not to over-share (keep secrets)
- Setting up a sleep schedule
What house is your natal Virgo in? Did you find this post helpful? Would you like me to do this for every sign? Hit me up in the comments and let me know! I love hearing from you!